On Thursday the 10th of February 2011, WTC Expo in Leeuwarden WTC Hotel WestCord received the golden Green Key certificate together, from Helga van Leur and Derk Jan Mind of Mark Foundation Environment, Safety and Quality. Because of the following activities concerning sustainability.
- There are water savers in all faucets, showers and toilets at the WTC Hotel.
- Throughout the WTC Hotel are all lighting energy efficient.
- The floors of meeting rooms are equipped with elements for cooling or heating in the hotel.
- The key card is the key to the room. Also used for electricity in the room to activate. If the guests leaves the room, the power will automatically switched off to avoid waste.
- Recently WTC Leeuwarden offers the ability to video conferencing. With videoconferencing they can communicate with live video and audio between two or more locations. This can be a saving for both companies because of reducing travel time and costs. Another plus is that it contributes to reducing CO2 emissions.